Director, University and Campus Recruiting
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to build and run our Global University Relations recruiting program. The Director, University & Campus Recruiting is a critical team member of the Teradata Global Talent Acquisition organization and will champion and assist with the creation and build-out of a world class University & Campus Recruiting function and its enabling processes. This is a newly created function that will focus on rebuilding the UR program at Teradata and this team will strategically partner with Teradata senior leaders and managers to recognize and respond to the organization’s need to continually incubate intern & college talent.
You will need to build a team. Your focus is in developing a corporate wide Intern & College program. Your college work flow would include and not be limited to: workforce planning with the business, identifying, engaging and sourcing top college talent ahead of campus events, on campus events, posting on campus sites, identification and interviewing of the most qualified applicants, guidance on the selection of the best candidate and the extension of the offer. You will assist in laying the foundations for driving process, productivity and recruiter efficiency, working closely with the strategic HR leadership team and driving effective change throughout the team and region. This is a high profile, high exposure position supporting the senior leadership teams in their corporate college hiring goals. The future and shape of the college program is very strategic to Teradata, and as such you will champion the program as part of the ongoing growth and success of the company. This position will be responsible for managing a team of recruiters who support the college function.
You will be responsible for cultivating a vibrant college ecosystem of sources for top talent for Teradata. Campus sourcing knowledge and experience should include; current college recruiting technologies as well as progressive methods through professional social networking sites, direct sourcing, job fairs, specialized organizations, networking, and traditional on campus recruitment methods.
You will partner with senior leadership to develop a comprehensive understanding of the essential skills and background to educate the team in identifying the most qualified candidates to ensure successful closure of each opportunity.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are a thought leader in the college recruiting world. You are comfortable managing between business partners, technology partners and technical professionals. You are results driven and have a flare for getting the job done through others and your own personal motivations. You are able to develop key relationships within the campus and university sector and support hiring managers across various business units to effectively meet business needs in a timely manner based on business growth.
You are a driven and creative person who has the ability to be both strategic and tactical. You are capable of leading and will be instrumental in creating, socializing and executing on the campus program to compete with other global organizations and in developing new programs to develop and scale the Teradata University Relations program.
You are able to consistently adapt to new circumstances, learn quickly when facing new problems or challenges and are open to change. You listen to and act on feedback, and gain insight from mistakes. You establish good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated and included in discussions. In addition, you possess the following attributes:
- The ability to provide guidance to the recruiting team and management throughout the talent acquisition life cycle. Develop and sustain strong relationships with management through proactive communication and commitment to understanding the services and needs of the business. Establish and maintains relationships with external contacts including career placement services, advertising groups, career centers to ensure a diverse and highly qualified population of talented college candidates are readily engaged for timely consideration
- You successfully partner with Talent Acquisition leaders, Business Leaders, HR Business Partners and global Recruiting teams to develop creative strategies and deliver exceptional customer service with a primary focus on operational excellence, proactive, competitive and cost-effective recruitment solutions.
- You’re an out-of-the box, creative, and strategic thinker, with a constant eye on the “big picture”
- You are very metrics driven and manage the recruitment reporting process–compile recruiting metrics, interpret data trends, areas of strength, and areas of opportunity.
- You are an excellent communicator. You communicate regularly with your recruiting stakeholders on all recruiting, projects, and outcomes consistently and professionally.
- Proven strategic Recruiting Leader with 5-8 years broad based recruiting experience with at least 8 years leading a college recruiting operation role in a large, complex organization. Experience with a Blue Chip company ideal
- Ability to work in a complex, cross-functional team environment
- Strong project and change management skills & disciplines required
- Able to manage and prioritize a myriad of recruiting initiatives, at varying stages of completion, and bring to timely completion
- Develop collaborative relationships with people across a variety of areas within and external to the organization to ensure positive business outcomes.
- Ability to work in operational role, yet think strategically and execute on set goals
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://teradata.taleo.net/careersection/prof/jobdetail.ftl?job=173427 →